Get the best from your party planner!
10 things to do to get the best from your party planner
- To make sure that your party planner is the right person for the job, meet up! Any planner worth their salt will jump at the chance of a no obligation meeting to get to know your requirements, how you work and what your expectations are.
- References. Whenever you go for a job, your future employer asks for, and checks, references – you should do the same. Get the contact details of at least 3 of the party planner’s customers and ask them what went well and, just as important, what could be improved. Check things like timeliness, attention to detail, communication, problem-solving and flexibility.
- Be flexible. You may have an idea of what you want and that may be the end of it, but party planners do this for a living. Have some themes in your head, by all means, but bring an open mind to their ideas.
- Have an idea of budget and let the planner know. You will save an awful lot of time and won’t face the disappointment of falling in love with a theme and then realise it’s more than you want to spend!
- Please give your party planner enough notice before the event. A party that has to be planned and delivered in three days won’t be as good as one that has been nurtured over three weeks!
- If you have a favourite caterer, bar, DJ etc., let the party planner know. They may have other people in mind, but you then have the luxury of choosing!
- Will the party planner (or an associate) attend the event – just in case something goes wrong? The best ones do so make sure yours does!
- Let your party planner do their job! It is sometimes tempting to get involved with the logistics of the party – just to help out. Best thing to do is let the party planner deal with it. They’ve done it before and you’re paying them to do it!
- Make your choice of party planner early and book them. Good party planners get booked early so the one’s that are free at short notice….well, need I say more?
- When all is said and done, it’s your party and don’t forget that. Let the party planner guide you but you must make sure that you really enjoy yourself! Have a great party
WANT TO CHAT?
CALL: 01189 33 32 39